High Performance Big Block Cadillacs
November 20, 2017, 10:00:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Montiac's on a comeback!  (Read 3730 times)
Montiac
C1

« on: March 16, 2010, 09:18:28 PM »

As you all know..my engine block was suffering from a hole in the #1 cylinder due to some "bad luck".. :Smiley..anyway money being as tight as it is for most,I saved the block and had it sleeved! I was going to go with another block,CPP alum heads,intake etc..but my pocket wouldn't let me!..besides I had to much time & money invested in the old block...so the block is as good as new...so I ordered up a new piston,rod a couple of pushrods,a few lifters...and wala... I'm in the midst of putting the hole shabang back together AGAIN!!
 Watch out world...I'm gunna try to get into the mid-eights with a N/A iron headed Cadillac...Wish me luck!! Grin

Personal best to date...9.14 @ 147...
Quest for the 8's continue..
sMiles
C4

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:04:58 PM »

A determined man will find a way !   No reason I can see not to save that perfectly good block and put her back on the track.

The 8's will set a nice baseline for whats ahead when the abundance returns ..

Best wishes to you for your safe trip to the 8's .

Miles
~JM~
Shop Keeper
C5

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:52:56 AM »

....I'm in the midst of putting the hole shabang back together AGAIN!!    ...Wish me luck!! Grin 

Excellent News!!!

Although perhaps we should refrain from using terms like, "Hole Shabang"  Shocked Wink Cheesy  It just sounds far too reminiscent.  Grin

Even though I don't think you will be needing it... I will wish you good luck. I am really looking forward to hearing about your next run.

PS. You don't have enough cam. Grin

...Summit has a kit for $99.... Shocked
steelybill
C3

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »

I'm a new guy here, and curious about the "hole in #1 Cylinder" Smiley Was it a rod failure ?  Folks talk about stock rods and RPM all the time, so I wondered about your engine failure.

BILL

MTS Marty
C4

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 07:28:30 AM »

The failure was due to "someone" dropping a bltl into the intake that found it's way into a cylinder.
There isn't muck stock in John's engine
steelybill
C3

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 11:03:46 PM »

AAhhhh........I understand !   I did a 360 Chrysler marine engine a few years ago, the "someone" dropped a bolt into the intake. Luckily it just broke a piston.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: