High Performance Big Block Cadillacs
November 21, 2017, 03:05:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: B Body swap questions  (Read 3466 times)
Lebowski
C1

« on: April 17, 2010, 08:08:30 PM »

I have a rebuilt 500 with an Edelbrock intake. I'd like to put it into a 1988 Caprice 4dr.
Any suggestions regarding motor mounts and and exhaust manifolds?
~JM~
Shop Keeper
C5

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:02:55 AM »

I have a rebuilt 500 with an Edelbrock intake. I'd like to put it into a 1988 Caprice 4dr.
Any suggestions regarding motor mounts and and exhaust manifolds?

Now tell me... Is it "The Big Lebowski," or just, "Lebowski"?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Welcome to the board. Even though the more common Cadillac engine swaps are into a G-Body, or the Fox-Body Ford. I seem to recall a few posts on a swap into a B-Body. If no one else jumps in with more info in the next day or two, you may have to rely upon searching out previous posts. Usually when I run a search that involves a single digit or letter as part of the inquiry, I link it to the main word with either a "-" or a "+". For example, "B-Body" or "B+Body". That usually ensures that the single digit or letter doesn't automatically get dropped by the search feature. I don't know for certain if capitalizing certain letters has any effect or not.  
If that doesn't seem to work, I try using the quotation marks. Such as: "B Body". Often that seems to work.
Of course you probably knew all of this anyway, so please excuse my early morning rambling.  Wink Grin

Here is one post that I think you might find helpful.   http://caddy500.com/index.php?topic=157.0

Good luck on your project. I look forward to hearing more about it.
~JM~

EDIT: Misspelled word.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:48:41 AM by ~JM~ » Logged

PS. You don't have enough cam. Grin

...Summit has a kit for $99.... Shocked
Lebowski
C1

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 07:31:57 PM »

JM,
Good humour there on the Lebowski spin.  Smiley

Thanks for the link to get me started. I tried a search but missed that one. I do have the Eldo pan. Looks like I'll get some 425 mounts and make some 'extenders' to mount the engine. I used this link for an idea on making some motor mounts:
http://caddy500.com/index.php?topic=986.0 . This seem like a good visual on what I need to do for the mounts. Thanks again for hosting the board.  Smiley
~JM~
Shop Keeper
C5

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 10:16:43 PM »

Ah, yes. Mike's build post is turning out to be the best Cadillac/G-body swap post I've ever seen. I'm very grateful that he chose this forum for his post. I have a feeling he will be buying plenty of rear tires in the near future.  Cheesy

If you look at Cadillac512's post in that B-Body topic above. It sounds to me like you may not need any plates to relocate the motor-mounts.

I also remember some posts long ago, about a factory GM double hump transmission X-member that is a bolt in for these cars & allows for the running of dual exhausts. Unfortunately I can no longer recall the exact year & model. I believe it was part of a Police Car Package. Hopefully it will come back to me in the next day or two.

EDIT: Additional info.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:59:14 AM by ~JM~ » Logged

PS. You don't have enough cam. Grin

...Summit has a kit for $99.... Shocked
Lebowski
C1

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 07:44:17 PM »

JM - thanks. I'll re-read that link in detail and see if I missed anything. Guess I'll start with getting some motor mounts and then start measuring things up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: