High Performance Big Block Cadillacs
November 21, 2017, 03:05:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Motor mount pics/info into 1985 Chev 4x4  (Read 4785 times)
Lebowski
C1

« on: May 09, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »

Anyone have any pics of motor mounts for putting a 500 into a 1985 GM 1 ton? I did have some pics but the old computer lost all the data and got trashed. It seemed quite straightforward from what I recall. There were a few weblinks with that info but they seem to be dead links now. :-(
Lebowski
C1

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 09:52:09 AM »

Ok, so my father-in-law will pull the front clip off the truck so we can have better access to making some motor mounts. I understand about the part about making plate extenders from the original crossmember so that the motor mounts can be moved 3" or so forward. We'll use 1/2" steel plate for this ( I recall that being used on "onetoncaddy's" website long ago). Any suggestions on which Cadillac factory motor mounts I should use to bolt to that steel plate?

We plan to mate the Cad500 to the Chev TH400 trans with this adapter plate:http://www.tdperformance.com/content/pdf6305.pdf
OldSub
C2

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 07:18:18 PM »

Since most (all?) the sites that had pictures of this have vanished please make sure you take some and post them.

I know so little about an '85 4x4 that I don't feel like I can help you with this.  If I were choosing mounts I'd probably start with whatever happens to be on the motor now.  If it has nothing I think the 425 type might be easier to build to since they are similar to the common Chevy mounts.

Sorry I'm not more help!

Lebowski
C1

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 06:49:59 PM »

Yes, seems most of the sites I had bookmarked no longer exist, or no photos. Here is one I found today:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/575987452NPYKsq
~JM~
Shop Keeper
C5

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 09:54:55 PM »

You might want to try: http://www.waybackmachine.org

I've been able to relocate and revive several old sites with this.

~JM~

PS. You don't have enough cam. Grin

...Summit has a kit for $99.... Shocked
OldSub
C2

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 06:51:30 PM »

I tired most the old links in waybackmachine today and basically found nothing.  I suspect the problem is that they didn't archive free sites like anglefire or whatever that service was called.

Its probably not kosher but I've started copying local any site I find that seems to have real useful information.  That way I'm better protected from things disappearing.  Unfortunately I never saved any of the sites with pictures of Cadillac engine mounts.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: