High Performance Big Block Cadillacs
November 20, 2017, 10:01:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HOOD CLEARANCE  (Read 2887 times)
ccjohn2
C2

« on: November 11, 2010, 07:32:57 PM »

Spoke with Cadco today. Their technician stated that I would not have enough hood clearance to run the Edelbrock intake with a flat hood. I really didnt want to put a scoop on the car although I do have a Trans Am Shaker hood scoop at hand. The car in question is a 79 Pontiac LeMans. The Pontiac hood already has a small buldge down the middle of the hood and I'm wondering if it will be enough for the drop base air cleaner to clear. I thought I read somewhere that you would have to remove the bracing in the middle of the hood and that would somewhat solve hood clearance issues. I didnt want to go back to the stock intake (I have one ported - non egr). I built the engine around using he Edelbrock intake to take advantage of the upper midrange power of the engine. Anyone out there using a flat hood with the Edelbrock intake? If so, give your solution to solving the problem. CJay
MTS-EAST
C3

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 12:19:18 PM »

Depends on how you mount the engine

If you can lower it down there is room to run a flat hood it has been done with a mts intake and a holley 4150 carb
ccjohn2
C2

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 09:09:49 PM »

JW, I've got one of your solid mount kits. I would think that it would sit the engine low enough to clear the hood. Am I okay with figuring that?  How about header clearance. Do I have to use your headers with your solid mount kit? Do you think a regular bbc header will work with them? What about stock manifolds with your kit also.?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: