High Performance Big Block Cadillacs
November 20, 2017, 10:06:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 500 Cad in 50 Chevy  (Read 3507 times)
oldskool.
C1

« on: January 29, 2011, 07:42:18 PM »

Hey Guys
I am new to the board.I just found several good deals on Caddy 500 engines and am looking for something to do with my 50 Chevy. Has anyone here ever done this swap? I know that all the drive drain must be changed and its no problem. But can the engine be put in without any steering coloum or suspension changes? Thanks in advance
~JM~
Shop Keeper
C5

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:59:19 AM »

Welcome to the board Oldskool, I hope you find it to be worthy of your time.

I can't recall anyone doing that exact swap, but don't let that slow you down any. Keep digging, searching & asking questions along the way. Big block Cadillac engines have been swapped into a lot of various cars, trucks, Jeeps, boats, etc. If a 32" triangle will fit into your engine bay... the engine should fit. Typically the exhaust & steering pose problems on many swaps. You may need a 2-piece steering rod with a universal joint in the middle. There is also this device http://www.cenpen.com/box.htm if you need more off-set.

Good luck & please let us know what you find out.

Thanks
~JM~

PS. You don't have enough cam. Grin

...Summit has a kit for $99.... Shocked
sMiles
C4

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:11:47 PM »

Yes, there is a '50 Chev twice door in Macon, GA with a 425 that is a driver and looks excellent.  Super clean Black paint, the right stance, that will make you take a second look.

If you will PM me with your e-mail I will try to put you in touch.

Miles
Kolie
C1

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 06:20:56 PM »

Guys,

Look no further...........

My '50 Chev has a 514 Cad > Muncey 4=speed > Ford 9 inch.  Original front suspension.............  Fits beautifully......

I am having a starter problem which I cannot figure out.  Caddy starter > stick fly wheel.  Is there any differences in starter gears on a Cad starter?

Thanks,
Kolie - NNJ
Mc39
C1

This is the project car.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 02:32:18 PM »

Kolie...
Please send/post detailed pics of your steering hookup.
Thanks,
Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: