High Performance Big Block Cadillacs
November 21, 2017, 10:15:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to drop my 500 Cadillac into my 1985 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz  (Read 4892 times)
Original Kyle
C1

« on: June 03, 2011, 10:14:55 AM »

I got a 1985 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz(My dream car) as my first car in October 2010 after nagging my father get me a Caddy. We end up getting it for $1k not including other fees etc. When we got the car the CV joints were worn and would clack when you accelerate and turn and now we're about ready to take them out(car has been stored in our storage room for months since I don't have my license yet) and replace them as well as the front ball joints and rear air shocks(or air compressor, can't really tell what the problem is but the compressor only came on once after we bought it according to my father). My dad was a mechanic and has owned several Cadillac's over the years(Eldorado's and Deville's) and we're ready to drop in the Cadillac 500 we've had in our garage for years. My dad got it and it's matching th400 out of a 70's Deville years ago and has been through several projects trying to decided to drop them in(and lack of spare time being a trucker etc.) My father knows what it'll take(368 parts like the FWD oil pan and headers etc.) but I wanna know personally from your own knowledge what will it take to get this 500 Cadillac running in my Eldorado? Looking to have it as a quick street car not a track car. My dad already had the 500's heads worked on years ago but I was wondering what aftermarket bolt-on's would be necessary to give me the power I want without being too pricey  Undecided

PS. I've owned another 1985 Convertible Eldorado Biarritz before this one but this is my first "extra serious project".
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:40:28 AM by Original Kyle » Logged
~JM~
Shop Keeper
C5

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 07:14:11 PM »

I can't recall this swap ever being discussed before. Most swaps are into rear wheel drive cars.

Supposedly if the 368 was an option then the 500 can be made to fit. I just don't know much about the front wheel drive units.

Good luck
~JM~

PS. You don't have enough cam. Grin

...Summit has a kit for $99.... Shocked
gfinishline
C1

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »

I remember the 1981's having a '4/6/8' 368" so maybe this is possable. I swapped a 403" into my 1979 Eldo and (except for the difference in balance) it was an easy job. I also remember the Olds cars having a lower gear rtio and they my have stronger driveline components.

"There are old racers and there are bold racers, but there are no old bold racers".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: