High Performance Big Block Cadillacs
November 22, 2017, 12:58:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted- Set of Cad wire wheel covers  (Read 2462 times)
C.I.D. Vicious
C3

« on: December 01, 2007, 01:39:35 PM »

Could use a set of driver qaulity caps like photo. Any 70's era RWD Cad will do.
Let me know what you have, and what you want for them.

Thanks!

* 2b30_1.jpg (28.44 KB, 400x300 - viewed 202 times.)

"If this CSOB crowd would quietly go find a hole and hide themselves in, the engine might not be setback 20 years from the rest of the American made V8's."  -Juan Zapata
cadillac512
C3

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 08:05:43 AM »

Al,I have at least a couple here.....I'll check today and see what shape they're in and how many I have.

Terry

Well,crap. I looked and they are the solid cheapo caps rather than the spokes.  Sad  Guess I was senile.

T
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 10:25:17 AM by cadillac512 » Logged

As usual I agree with everything Caddycarlo says
DaveM
C3

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 07:45:19 PM »

I'm a junk collector from way back...I used to used them until I became a wirewheel junky...I just went an checked and I did a quick count and came up with 32 cadillac wire wheel style caps..there are different types of locks and spokes...many of them are in poor shape... but what I have done is take them all apart and use the best parts... 
If you want I will dig them out and see what condition they and in an what spokes they are... the early ones had cast chromed spokes and the later one were stainless steel...Do you have any locks?
C.I.D. Vicious
C3

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 08:39:47 AM »

Thanks for looking guys. Just need a presentable set. Some curb rash is okay.

Put a 9" Ford in my 56. The 56 uses a very deep dish wheel to clear the hub caps. This dish hits the Ford drums before the bolt circle makes contact. It's way too much to try wheel spacers. So I have to use late wheels and caps untill I get this fixed or decide on some custom wheels.

So Im still interested in a set, priced to make a CSOB smile, cause they won't be used for long.

"If this CSOB crowd would quietly go find a hole and hide themselves in, the engine might not be setback 20 years from the rest of the American made V8's."  -Juan Zapata
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: